Puerto Vallarta is a famous beach destination in Mexico that offers visitors and locals alike an opportunity to enjoy a number of things. The most famous being the water-based sports activities – which is everyone's favorite regardless of their age. Whether it is scuba diving or kitesurfing, you will be spoilt with choices when it comes to enjoying adrenaline-filled activities.
- Whale Watching – In the winter months, these gentle giants visit Vallarta where they find ideal conditions for their reproduction. Hop on your own private yacht rental in Puerto Vallarta and set sail on the turquoise blue water to spot these giant marine creatures. The whale watching adventure will be an epic experience as you can see them breaching, spying, hopping, tailing and fin slap their way into your hearts. As you venture along the breeding grounds to watch these amazing creatures, also take in the mesmerizing views of lush green scenery in the surrounding areas.
- Fishing – You can come across 500 species of fish in the crystal clear waters of the Banderas Bay all throughout the year. Puerto Vallarta is a hub for fishing and anglers from across the world seek an opportunity for a shot at a trophy catch. Vallarta is a great place for sports fishing, and the area offers a beautiful bay with an astounding variety of fish to catch, including Marlin, Sailfish, Mahi Mahi, and Tuna, among many others. Competitions and tournaments are held all throughout the year in Puerto Vallarta for passionate anglers.
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling – The rugged coastline with its large rock formations provides exciting underwater adventures. The best places for diving and snorkeling are Los Arcos, Quimixto, Playa Las Animas, Punta Mita or the Marieta Islands. Divers can come across big giant marine animals, such as whale sharks and manta rays while diving or snorkeling in the crystal clear waters in Vallarta. A diving excursion in Puerto Vallarta gives you the opportunity to explore an amazing array of corals, striking rock formations and rich population of sea life.
- Dolphin Swim –It is one such activity that is sure to please everyone regardless of their age. Dolphin Adventures' world-class dolphin center is the best place to swim with dolphins. You can also meet other marine animals such as sea lions and rays.
- Parasailing – A parasailing escapade can be best experienced at Los Muertos Beach along with many other beaches dotted along the Bahia de Banderas. This bay is a natural haven for watersports since the sea is generally quite calm and parasailing is exceptionally good, safe and fun. Take in the eye-captivating views of nature and create memories to cherish for a lifetime while flying high above in the sky under the guidance of an expert. Be sure to take some pics as you float above the Banderas Bay, but hold tight to your phone or camera.
- Kayaking – For those seeking and amazing kayaking experience, it is recommended to set out into the Banderas Bay during the early hours of the day before the wind picks up and the sea becomes choppier. The best places to kayak around Banderas Bay are the calmer waters north of Puerto Vallarta in the neighborhood of Nuevo Vallarta and Flamingos, south of Puerto Vallarta near areas such as the secluded Colomitos and the islands of Costalegre and other small coves along the bay. Take in the thrilling views of nature and the marine life visible underneath the crystal clear waters.
The above mentioned adrenaline rushing sports activities are sure to please everyone regardless of the age. So what are you waiting for? Book your own private yacht rental in Puerto Vallarta and get ready to enjoy these exhilarating activities to make amazing and cherishable memories.