Puerto Vallarta, the most enticing coastal destination of Mexico, is not only known for its dazzling sandy beaches, sparkling blue waters, adventurous water sports, and picturesque cobblestone streets, but is also well known for its gastronomic offerings. When visitors come to this magnificent Mexican destination, they face endless opportunities to enjoy the scenic views of its surroundings, thrilling adventures, wonderful beach and water fun, and countless opportunities to taste its hidden culinary treasures. If you plan your Puerto Vallarta yacht charter tour around the Gourmet International Festival, you will get to know the real gems of Vallarta’s extensive food culture as well as enjoy exquisite gourmet cuisine in the variety of restaurants. Let's find out more about Mexico's premier food festival.
A Bit of History
The International Gourmet Festival will turn 22 this year! In the year 1995, food experts & chefs, Thierry Blouet and Heinz Reize, decided that they should promote the culinary standards of Puerto Vallarta to international levels by introducing creativity in fine cuisine and strengthen the culinary arts in the region. It started with the participation of six hotels and six restaurants. In 2000, Chef Roland Menetrey also joined this revolutionary food culture promotional theme. Today, all participating restaurants are required to invite one celebrity to their location for the purpose of attracting many more visitors & tourists. Since its inception, the Gourmet Festival has expanded and is now celebrated in the Riviera Nayarit and Tepic regions as well.
The 2016 Festival Gourmet International
A festival like no other only to be found in Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, and Tepic during the month of November for 10 days. This year it will be held from November 11 to 20. 25 first-class restaurants will participate in this year's Gourmet Festival. Visitors after attending this food festival will become fully acquainted with Puerto Vallarta culinary scene which, by the way, is not just limited to burritos, fajitas and fish tacos.
2016 Festival Gourmet International Highlights
The purpose of this outstanding Fiesta is to introduce tourists and locals along with those who have a particular interest in the culinary expertise of chefs specializing in the unique flavors of this region. Some of the main events that will be hosted in different places during the 10-day event across the region are mentioned below:
- Café des Artistes in Puerto Vallarta and Nicksan in Nuevo Vallarta will host cocktail parties, cooking demonstrations, gourmet buffets, winemakers' nights, progressive dinners, and other culinary events.
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort's Sea Breeze restaurant will feature special à la carte dinners with wine pairings. This year it will provide cranberry jelly & figs with unique amuse-bouche of confit foie gras.
- Three founders of the Gourmet Festival hosts cooking demonstrations for guests. You will have to book tickets for this cooking demonstration event, which will also include recipes, culinary secrets and a tasty meal for your lovely day.
- Get to taste best of Mexican red & white wines here during this festival. Some of the restaurants serve Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot-Tempranillo, Casa Madero Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot, and Casa Grande Chardonnay.
- Guests can book tickets special Gourmet Safari wherein you can taste gourmet dishes of different restaurants, with paired wines and drinks.
Why should you plan your yacht charter vacation around this festival?
The International Gourmet Festival of Puerto Vallarta creates an epicurean reputation of this beach destination across the world, but more importantly, it promotes Vallarta hospitality. When you plan your Puerto Vallarta private yacht charter tours around this Fiesta, you could savor the flavors of Vallarta at some of the finest restaurants and become part of this high cuisine culture exchange. So, what are you waiting for? Book your private yacht charter today and get ready to taste fine cuisine while enjoying all that Puerto Vallarta has to offer.
Bon appétit! Happy Vacation!!